President Trump says he’s “going to try” to make it. That’s about it.
It’s a vague commitment from the Oval Office.
On May 21, Trump talked to reporters about his son Donald Trump Jr.’s upcoming nuptials with Bettina Anderson. He didn’t sound confident he’d actually be there. He’d like to go, sure. But timing is terrible.
“There’s a thing called Iran,” Trump told them.
He painted himself as trapped in a no-win scenario.
If I go, I get killed. I stay, the fake news kills me.
He’s joking, obviously. But the conflict with Iran hangs over everything right now. So does the logistics of a presidential schedule.
Page Six ran a report earlier this week saying the couple is swapping White House dreams for a private island in the Bahamas. It’s supposed to happen over Memorial Day weekend. A small group. Just family. Close friends. That’s all.
They scrubbed the original plan. Why? Fear of giving critics ammunition while the Iran war drags on.
Daily Mail sources say they even tried to push the date to the fall first. No end to the fighting in sight though. So they shrank the guest list instead.
Does that mean Trump is out? Not necessarily.
One source told Daily Mail the President isn’t even on the invite list yet. But they also said:
You never know with him. Maybe he’ll just show up. He does those kinds of things.
He’s got nothing but good things to say about Anderson anyway. He’s known her a while. He hopes they’ll have a great marriage. He wants that for them.
It’s not Don Jr’s first rodeo, of course. He shares five kids with Vanessa Trump. That marriage lasted twelve years before ending in 2018 in 2018. And there was the messy overlap with ex-fiancée Kimberly Guilfoyle back in 2024.
Love is messy. Politics messier.
So will he be there? Probably not planned for. But try and tell that to Don Jr. or his dad.
